The Gabler story


The Gabler Gmbh was founded in March 1950 in Germany by Martin Gabler that time dealing mainly with the maintenance of food industry cooling equipment.
In the meantime, the industrial site was extended. The new manufacturing base enabled to satisfy every demand. Besides well-proven solutions, own technical developments were completed, which allowed to produce uni-block insulating profiles.

The production of voluminous panels could be worked out, which was a speciality in Europe that time; this way it was possible to build complete cold-storage houses and meat-packing plants from prefabricated panels. Later the products scale was extended with containers and solutions for clean areas.

After an intensive preparational work and development a flexibly adaptable system came into being. Within 40 years the small company became a dominant manufacturer of cold-storage houses, containers and clean areas.
There was a demand for extension on the market, hence an office in Hungary was opened in 1994. This is when Gabler-Hungaria Kft. was established.

The rapidly growing demands of the customers required the set-up of the production in Hungary, therefore part of the production was moved to Hungary from 1995. The booming market in Hungary and the growing demands in Central-Europe resulted in the production being gradually moved to Hungary.   
From 2001 on the parent company in Germany has been working as a commercial office; the manufacturing company got 100 % into Hungarian ownership.
The further expansion of the production required the establishment of a new manufacturing base, so in 2002 the company was the first to settle in the Industrial Park in Tata where a production hall of 2700m2 was built.
In 2004 the Mirelta raised ownership as a professional investor and became the owner in 100 % in 2005.